Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Well, this is my first ever post on my brand new blog...so I guess I should start with the basics!

I am 21 years old and currently awaiting a double lung transplant, needed due to Cystic Fibrosis wreaking havoc in my lungs. Due to having to keep myself as well as possible (the wait for a transplant can be a long one; 18 months on average for lungs) I am currently "resting" having finished my degree this summer, and not being well enough to work. Plus it is important to keep myself as well as possible, as 50% of people die before a set of lungs come through. So I am trying to use my time as proactively as possible, and am a woman with a mission (look out) to raise as much awareness about CF and and organ donation as possible. This blog being one of my weapons.

That will do for a first entry I think...for more info on me and CF check out my website!

No comments: