Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Everything has been a bit up in the air since the last blog as on Monday night, my good friend Mr Oli texted me informing me that he was on his way to Harefield. For some reason I was totally over excited by this whereas I usually manage to remain calm, as there is still a long way to go before you get the green light as we say. Anyway I just had a really really good feeling about this....but then I've had that before and been wrong.

Some of you may know Oli through his work as a CF ambassador, others may have been priviledged enough to hear him speak at Laughter for Life in March. Some of you don't know who I am talking about but rest assured he's a rather fabby guy.

Further texting ensued throughout the evening ("I'm bored. Oli") until the fantastic confirmation that he had the green light and would be going into theatre around midnight. I promptly burst into tears (rational and helpful) and started texting everyone I could (again helpful). News spread like wildfire that night and he already has loads and loads of messages of goodwill, love and thoughts stocking up.

Surgery went well, he is already doing absolutely brilliantly but it's very very early days yet. He's never been quite the drama queen I am so I am hoping he will have a slightly more mundane recovery.

His family are keeping his blog updated as and when they can: www.smilethroughit.com

Very very excited for Oli and his family; this is hopefully the chance of a new life full of the most amazing opportunities and experiences. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts, and of course that special person who has made this new path open up for them, his donor.

2 comments:

misdee said...

oh yes!!! fantastic news!

when i got home from peters transplant call and found out oli had had one that night and was also at harefield but was told it wasnt going ahead i felt so bad for him.but yay yay yay!

we are at harefield on tuesday, let us know if your up that way as well.

Sandylizz said...

Thanks for the updates on the forum Em, reading the latest one about bbeing on the ward brought a tear to my eye.. Im so happy for him! Hes doing so well ( I know its only early yet though)
Lets hope he just keeps improving and can enjoy a fatastic xmas like you x x