Wednesday, June 21, 2006


I am being discharged! Yaaay!

The team swooped in this morning, glanced at me and agreed that I am indeed safe to be released back into society. I will finish my IVs at home, but have to come back up to clinic next friday so they can check that I am well enough to stop them. I can't wait to get home to own bed, good food, and my man and my family. Bliss!

Today has been rediculously busy as we went up on community newswire (which is a National press feed so we are thrilled to be on there!) yesterday afternoon, so we have already been receiving phonecalls from various Media areas who would like to cover our campaign. A big hurray moment, as my mum would say. At 8.30 we had an interview with BBC radio Bristol, and we have been doing and setting up various other interviews all morning.

I am feeling rather tired but incredibly smiley, as this looks like it is going to be a good high profile month for organ donation, and even better it looks like our campaign will feature strongly. So YAY for spreading the word and raising awareness. National Transplant Week is 9 - 15th July so if you havent bought your T-shirt yet you can do so now by clicking here and wear it that week with pride!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent news that you are going home! :)

Anonymous said...

Ive got two shirts! I'm sticking my little sis in one! and i am wearing one!

(breath_seeker)