Friday, May 25, 2007

I jumped in the car earlier, to pick up my sisters, who had spent the afternoon being posh ladies who dine out in London. I approached the station and could see them chatting and waving excitedly. The journey home was filled with tales from the day, and they had bought me the most awesome box of marzipan fruits (I swear these things actually look like fruits and veg, and they are strange ones, Melon, Corn etc..!) from Harrods, and had generally had a wonderful time. I dropped them off at home, still glowing, and drove off towards my house.

As I turned onto the main road I started to cry. Cry with happiness. I sobbed thank you, I don't know where to or why, but just overwhelming gratitude to my donor and their family. Without them I would be dead by now, and instead I am driving round, picking up my sisters, going out with friends for the day tomorrow and generally living my life. My family are no longer chained to staying within a phonecalls reach of me, should I need anything or should Harefield call. They have also got their lives back, and this evening was a beautiful demonstration to me of how things have changed.

I still can't believe my luck, I still can't believe it has happened, but my god am I going to make this count.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you got transplant!!!
xoxo

-Breath_Seeker-

Anonymous said...

I don't doubt it for a second :)

Love 'n' hugs,

~ James

Emmie said...

So so so so so so happy for you Em xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

You deserve to be happy, and to live! :) xxx

Anonymous said...

Its nothing more than you deserve lovely girlie xxxx

Anonymous said...

Emily you were so deserving of the gift you've received!


Hugs,

Sandy

Anonymous said...

So happy for you too.. God bless your donor and their family. x

Anonymous said...

Emily, if you are that pleased to be here still, how made up do you think the rest of us are?

Anonymous said...

is A Adam ?

Anonymous said...

I hope your donor's family read your blog, nothing can bring back what they lost but they can surely see what you have gained and take some comfort in that.

Anonymous said...

Such an inspiration and example of courage through face of adversity and to make most of your 'gift' as Im sure your donors family would want you to....

'go girl'....

luv & hugz sooo proud of you and your family.... :D

ps we too think of Rachs donor/family EVERY day.........

Elaine & Rach xx

Anonymous said...

I dont think I've ever been happier for anyone in my life it still gives me a feeling i cant even describe when i think of you and read your blog! I cant wait to share a malibu and coke with you again! love u lots and lots!! laura xxx

Anonymous said...

I am so so happy for you :-) *big grin*
Lizzie xxx

misdee said...

what a heartwarming post.

god bless you and your now 'normal-ish' lives that you and your family can enjoy.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the comment that it would do your donor's family so much good to read how much you appreciate their wonderful gift. So happy to hear you are having fun, keep it up.
hugs,
Janet

Anonymous said...

Emily you've got me crying again!!!
love Annex