Thursday, March 05, 2009

wooaaah, where did the last week go?!

So yes, Mauritius. It was incredible. It's somewhere I have been wanting to go for a very very long time and to be honest I never thought I'd manage to get there. To say it lived up to my expectations would be an understatement.

The last picture incidentally is me doing something called Deep Sea Walking. The space helmet traps air in so you just breathe normally, and there is an oxygen tube coming through the side which keeps you topped up with fresh O2. I opted for this rather than scuba diving as when I had been snorkelling last summer I got very nervous at the sensation of breathing through the snorkell as it reminded me of my trachi. I didn't want to pay for a scuba session and then find I was too scared to go through with it, so this seemed like the perfect option :)

One of the nicest things about coming home was how much I was looking forward to going back to work. It's such a wonderful feeling to want to get back to a job that I love....I'm a very lucky girl.

I am off to do a talk at Harefield tomorrow with Oli; I am quite nervous which is daft, but only because the people who actually physically saved my life by caring for me pre and post transplant (and the surgeon who did my op) will be present so I want it to be good! It's so weird to think that if it wasn't for two people we will never meet, neither Oli nor I would be here now.

And lastly a quick plea: Holly Shaw, a LLTGL Advocate and a very good friend has been going for Gold in her Battlefront campaign. She is holding a Donor day on 7th April and there are lots of ways you can support her in this, wherever you are. To find out more pop over to her website and say hello. Thanks muchly all.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Thanks for posting this hun, and so glad you had a fab holiday!

See you soon x

Molly said...

Glad to hear you had such a great holiday :)

Moll x x