Tuesday, January 03, 2006


YAY! A very Happy New Year to one and all!

As we are already 3 days into the new year it is evident that neither punctuality nor organisation are new years resolutions of mine. Christmas was fantastic, the whole thing spent knee-deep in family, but that is what it is all about. Christmas eve was as traditional as ever; well when I say traditional I mean traditional within my family. Every Christmas eve as far back as I can remember, we have had home made soups for lunch - carrot or chestut, accompanied by crusty bread and home made cheee straws, made by my mum in the morning, then we all settle down to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" (again, done every Christmas eve, but at no other time!) and then in the evening we go to the local Indian restaurant, which is probably the least traditional bit but I love it!

This was our first ever Christmas spent in our new place, so it was particularly exciting. I managed to wake up in the morning and sneak his presents under the tree whilst he was still asleep, and exchanging presents that morning sitting by our tree was just lovely. The rest of the day was spent seeing families, exchanging presents, and eating far far too much. Boxing day is also fairly traditional in my family, where we all go to my grandmas and eat even more turkey, and the extra special mushroom rolls that only come out at christmas, and are only made by grandma, and eagerly consumed.

New years eve was spent at a party in battersea, and I came up with the cunning plan of wacking up my O2 to allow me to dance for WHOLE songs at a time! So I had a fantastic time. For the first time in many years, I didnt find myself fighting back tears at the stroke of midnight, which I am taking as some sort of psychic preminition that this year will infact be a year of good luck, good fortune and good health. YAY.


2006? Bring it on...

1 comment:

Kiera said...

I can identify with going for a curry at Christmas. The last two years (not this one just gone) have found us enjoying a not so traditional curry at our local Indian restaurant.
Happy New Year to You!