Where did the time go!?
OK I am going to consolidate the past 2 weeks into a pacey and consise blog (ha).
- Oli and I did some more filming with William's family. Sarah and his big sisters Hope and Ellie spoke really well about life with William before transplant, and about living in hospital and every day being so fragile. Wills ran about bursting in every now and then whilst we were filming, which was just a joy. We also discussed the Gifts of Life project which is going fantastically, so if you haven't done already, do go and have a look.
- My youngest sister had a birthday which resulted in us three girls heading up to London to watch Sister Act at the Palladium (well done Abs for being born as we had a fantabulous evening).
- LLTGL had a fascinating weekend which involved some amazing guys who had come over from the US to do some training with us. It's all part of our exciting new project which is currently being developed....more info to come on the LLTGL blog soon.
- I nearly missed the above due to a chicken pox scare which resulted in various blood tests whilst they ummed and ahhed about my immunity; first result suggested I wasn't immune, lots of initials (IGG, IGM) were banded around and then a follow-up bloodtest at Harefield revealed that actually I am immune and it was a bit of a panic over nothing.
- Work has been stupendously busy and will be even more so until the summer holidays as I have taken on some extra cover work (so if this blog suddenly halts it's because some pupils who are taller than me have eaten me for breakfast).
So life continues on in its bewilderingly rapid and schitzophrenic way....but all is good. I shall, at some point, sit down and write a proper blog that does not consist of bullet points. Honest. But just wanted to reassure one and all that I am safe and well. Life just gets in the way sometimes. How fantastic is that :)