Monday, November 02, 2009

It has been the longest blogging break in the history of mankind.

OK well not quite that drastic, but it's been pretty lengthy, even by my standards. I am, however, still here and fine. Woo!

Quick summary of life over the last few weeks methinks:

Firstly and clearly most importantly, Save Jess-tival was awesome. It was a huge success, thanks to the hard work of Sarah Milne, the LLTGL Trustees, Oli and various other fantastic helpers who worked their socks off before and on the day to ensure it all came together. The LLTGL blog will be updated soon with pics and details of the night so watch this space!

It was then the last week of half term, which was incredibly hectic with various performances in all schools, but all went well (thank goodness). Towards the end of the week, I started feeling a bit groggy and my left lung decided to start playing up. I have no idea why only the left one chose to misbehave, it may well be attention seeking antics however I will not be buckling and shall merely be referring to the naughty step (also known as Harefield) for any further bad behaviour. There's just generally a bit of chestiness and wheeziness going on, and being so used to being so well, it was quite frightening. Luckily on Monday I went to Harefield and came away with some antibiotics which are predominantly to cover all bases, since tests (X ray, lung func etc) were actually pretty good.

On Tuesday I went up to London for a photoshoot for Company Magazine. It was great fun as it was the first shoot I've been on where all your hair and make up are done for you and a vast selection of clothes are presented to you to wear for the occasion. The article will either be out in the January or February edition; I'll keep you posted.

Wednesday saw the pre-launch of the new NHSBT campaign. It was officially launched today; take a look at their website to see the vastly different and much more hard-hitting angle they are taking. I would love to hear what you think so please do leave your opinions in the comments section. I attended the launch and was asked to speak about my experiences to the assembled guests. It was a very interesting afternoon and I felt very honoured to have been asked to speak.

Then A and I went up to Derbyshire for a few days, to have a bit of a (much needed) break and to visit my wonderful Grandad. It was a really lovely few days, Derbyshire is one of the most beautiful areas of the country.

I was going to write something about "where has half term gone?" but I think I've answered my own question in the above. Am now off to do some LLTGL work to follow up this new campaign. I really really hope it has the desired affect...we know that softly softly hasn't worked, will this be the angle that jogs people into acting and signing the Organ Donor Register?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi

The new NHSBT campaign came on whilst I was watching TV the other night, I was totally unprepared for it. As a mother who has had to watch my 7 year old son die awaiting transplant, I thought it was very good. I found it upsetting because I could relate to it, perhaps too much. It may be hard-hitting but it reflects the reality of the situation and will hopefully encourage more donors to sign up.

PS I follow your blog and it has really helped me over the last couple of years, thanks